Church Council 2017
The Church Council is the decision making body of the church that furthers the mission to nurture spirituality, build caring community and work courageously for peace with justice and mercy.
- The council makes all financial decisions and sets policies.
- It is the fiscal body of the church.
- It plays the role of the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- All staff members are ex-officio members of the council with voice but may not be full members.
- When the Council goes into executive session to deal with personnel issues the SPRC chair leads the meetings and separate minutes are prepared.
- Council minutes are public, SPRC minutes are private.
Lulu Philips Chair (19)
Nancy Larsen Secretary (19)
Jan Werness Treasurer (18)
Howard Kranz Lay Leader (18)
Al Hildenbrand Lay Member Annual Conference (19)
KC Bretzke Finance Chair (18)
Kristine Smith Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) Chair (17)
David West Celebration Committee Chair (19)
Bonita Blumenauer Reconciling Representative (17)
Jesse Watkins At-large (17)
Ed Ed Mueller Building and grounds (18)
Wayne Bailey Building and grounds (19)
Joe Hesla At-large (17)
Lucy Slater At-large (18)
Jim McCreary. At-large (19)
Buildings and Grounds committee
A Building and Grounds committee implements church policy and has the authority to care for the physical needs of the church or other duties assigned by the Council. It implements a budget set by the Church Council. Anyone is welcome to be a part of the Building and Grounds Committee. Staff participate as needed.
Ed Ed Mueller, Al Hildenbrand, and Wayne Bailey are responsible for convening the committee and reporting to the council. Everyone in the community is invited to participate in this committee.
A finance committee monitors and insures the integrity of the finances, builds the budget, and arranges for fundraisers. Everyone in the community is invited to participate in this committee.
KC Bretzke chairs the finance committee and reports to the council